Cardiology CME Cruises Description
10-Night Dalmatian Coast and Italy Cruise Conference
from Venice, Italy to Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy
November 8 – 18, 2019
Ideal candidates for this seminar include physicians as well as other health care professionals involved in the daily management of cardiac patients in the office, clinic, or hospital settings.
- Primary Prevention of Coronary Artery Disease
- Secondary Prevention of Coronary Artery Disease
- Emerging Risk Factors for Coronary Artery Disease
- Women and Heart Disease
- Diagnosis & Management of Coronary Heart Disease
- New Strategies in the Diagnosis & Treatment of Acute Coronary Syndromes
- Diagnosis & Treatment of Acute Myocardial Infarction and its Complications
- Advances in the Treatment of Congestive Heart Failure
- Interventional Cardiology: Indications, Outcomes & New Frontiers
- Changes in Cardiac Surgical Revascularization
- EKG Review and Case Studies
- Diagnosis and Management of Vavular Heart Disease
- Cardiomyopathies & Pericardial Disease
- Diagnosis & Treatment of non-Cardiac Vascular Disease
Participants will be invited to share their clinical experiences, concerns, and insights.
Upon completion of the course, participants should be able to:
- Define treatment objectives of primary and secondary prevention based on clinical assessment
- Recognize non-traditional markers for coronary artery disease risk
- Describe differences in prevention, diagnosis, treatment in women
- Identify the indication, utility, and findings of non-invasive cardiac testing
- Describe the pathophysiology, diagnosis, and management of chronic and unstable coronary artery disease (including myocardial infarction and its complications)
- Consider the appropriate use of medical treatment, catheterization, angioplasty and surgical revascularization in the management of coronary artery disease
- Interpret basic EKG abnormalities
- Recognize and treat common cardiac arrhythmias
- Understand the changing objectives of congestive heart failure treatment
- Diagnose and treat valvular heart disease, cardiomyopathies, pericardial disease, and non-cardiac vascular disease
12 Contact Hours
The School of Medicine, State University of New York at Stony Brook, is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The School of Medicine, State University of New York at Stony Brook designates this activity for a maximum of 12 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
|DATE||PORT OF CALL||ARRIVE||DEPART|
|Fri Nov 08||Venice, Italy||–||–|
|Sat Nov 09||Venice, Italy|
Lectures: 4:00pm – 6:00pm
|Sun Nov 10||Rijeka, Croatia||7:00 am||6:00 pm|
|Mon Nov 11||Split, Croatia||8:00 am||6:00 pm|
|Tue Nov 12||Dubrovnik, Croatia||7:00 am||6:00 pm|
|Wed Nov 13||Kotor, Montenegro||8:00 am||6:00 pm|
|Thu Nov 14||*At Sea – Cruising|
Lectures 8:00am – 12 Noon; 1:00pm – 5:00pm
|Fri Nov 15||Valletta, Malta||8:00 am||6:00 pm|
|Sat Nov 16||Catania, Sicily, Italy|
Lectures: 4:00pm – 6:00pm
|7:00 am||5:00 pm|
|Sun Nov 17||Naples (Pompeii/Salerno/Capri), Italy||8:00 am||6:00 pm|
|Mon Nov 18||Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy||5:00 am||–|
Venice, Italy (Embark) –Venice is possibly the most romantic place you’ll ever visit. The cafes of St. Mark’s Square, Palazzo-lined canals plied by gondolas, the elegant Doge’s Palace, the Bridge of Sighs and the Church of San Giorgio Maggiore offer one impossibly beautiful sight after next. Just walking through its pedestrian only streets is a delight.
And, if you want to enjoy a truly special meal while here, visit one of the excellent restaurants of the Associazione dei Ristoranti della Buona Accoglienza.
And for the art lover, two great collections at nearly opposite ends of art history await: Renaissance era art is housed at Gallerie dell’Accademia and amazing modern art is at home on the canal at the Peggy Guggenheim Collection.
Continuing Education, Inc.
Continuing Education, Inc. University at Sea® 5700 4th St. N. St Petersburg, Florida 33703
About the Organizers
Continuing Education Inc. is committed to developing and presenting high quality, live lecture accredited continuing education programs for professionals. Our programs cover a wide range of disciplines including Medicine, Dentistry, Law, Insurance and others.
Our programs are designed for the specific purpose of allowing the busy professional to obtain the educational course credits required to maintain licensure, while at the same time enjoying a family holiday without spending too much time away from his or her practice.
Each participant will receive a Certificate of Completion for the appropriate category 1 CME credits. But most importantly, you will receive a top notch educational experience and an opportunity to relax, renew and reconnect, an experience available exclusively with Continuing Education Inc. We provide the relevant continuing education you need and place it on an extraordinary "campus" that delivers extraordinary value. Join us!
10-Night Dalmatian Coast and Italy Cruise
Visited 180 times, 1 Visit today