Cardiology CME Conferences Description
This CME program, Echo on Marco Island by The Mayo Clinic, seeks to address competence in using multiple echocardiographic techniques in assessment of cardiac structure and function in adult acquired or congenital heart disease. This will include concise, limited didactic lectures with major emphasis on a series of illustrative cases which will include audience response and discussion presented by echocardiography specialists which would lead to enhanced patient management. Workshops will be held to demonstrate the techniques for acquiring the echocardiographic data, especially with respect to new contemporary techniques such as strain imaging.
COURSE LEARNING OBJECTIVES
Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Demonstrate the application of Doppler principles to assessing hemodynamics including valvular heart disease
- Demonstrate use of echocardiography to assess prosthetic valves
- Demonstrate and interpret diastolic echocardiographic measurements
- Define advantages of stress echocardiography and use of contrast
- Apply echocardiographic principles in assessment of congestive heart failure
- Identify echocardiographic features of common congenital heart abnormalities
- Define the role of echo in the interventional cardiology practice
- Recognize the advantages and disadvantages of new imaging techniques including 3-D and strain
This course is intended for adult and congenital cardiologists, cardiology fellows, and cardiac sonographers who have basic experience and knowledge in echocardiography. This course is also intended for other medical specialists, internists, and anesthesiologists working to further their experience in clinical application of echocardiography.
About the Organizers
Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development is an accredited, not-for-profit school within Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science. Mayo Clinic believes that the needs of the patient come first. Therefore, Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development maintains a commitment to and tradition of developing and maintaining distinguished educational activities to enhance and enrich your medical knowledge and improve your service to the patient.
Visited 346 times, 1 Visit today