Cardiology CME Conferences Description
Cardiac Diagnostic Interventional Symposium (CDIS) is organized by Continuing Professional Development (CPD) University of Toronto and will be held from Jun 08 – 09, 2020 at Peter Gilgan Centre for Research and Learning, Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
Designed for any healthcare provider working with children or adults with congenital heart disease undergoing treatment in a diagnostic lab (catheterization lab and/or MRI suite). This symposium will provide an educational forum to improve knowledge and collaboration among nurses, medical radiation technologists, fellows, operating room staff and critical care unit staff.
The aim of the Symposium is to bring together cardiac specialist professionals working with structural and congenital heart patients. This engaging educational event will provide participants an opportunity for networking and learning.
We are fortunate to have the support of the Labatt Family Heart Centre and industry sponsors whom you will meet during the Symposium.
The CDIS will bring diverse perspectives from engaging speakers caring for the full spectrum of structural and congenital heart disease.
• Promote collaboration of team members, describing strategies for their success
• Provide a forum to network and explore the benefits and considerations necessary when fostering cohesion within a team
• Describe advancements in the quality and patient safety
• Encourage innovation of ideas embracing new strategies and applications within a catheterization lab & MRI suite
After an active engagement in this Symposium, participants will be better able to:
• Define and articulate the qualities required to make a team successful in a hospital setting when working with pediatric cardiac patients.
• Discuss and compare experiences with colleagues who work in other centers and summarize three measures you will implement into your practice.
• Distinguish and integrate advanced quality and patient safety principles that are required in a pediatric catheterization lab and MRI suite.
• Attain and assimilate knowledge of new procedures and their impact on the patient journey
Continuing Professional Development (CPD) University of Toronto
500 University Avenue, 6th Floor Toronto, Ontario, M5G 1V7
About the Organizers
The Faculty of Medicine’s Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Office is a strategic partner in transforming healthcare in Ontario and beyond. Our mission is to improve the health of individuals and populations through the discovery, application and communication of knowledge.
Our goal is to support and enable Course Directors to plan and implement high quality events by providing a better learning experience for learners and attendees, as well as measuring the impact and long-term effectiveness of these events, consistent with the focus on outcome-based lifetime learning.
As a knowledge hub for the research, design, delivery and management of accredited events for healthcare professionals we enable the delivery of best outcomes based on best practices.
Visited 884 times, 3 Visits today